On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Jambunathan K wrote: > > > There seems to be a problem with my .emacs.desktop files in > > combination with the new org > > It might help to try to narrow down the problem to one of the buffers - > starting with the org buffers to begin with. > > Start nuking the buffers till you hit the problem or the problem > disappears. > > OK - I hope I did what you suggested. My setup now: a) created user foo b) changed ownership of /home/foo recursively to me (rkrug:rkrug) c) copied the attached .emacs file into foo's home directory d) created directory ~foo/tmp e) copied test.org, .emacs.desktop.error .emacs.desktop.noerror f) cd ~/foo/tmp cp -f .emacs.desktop.error .emacs.desktop emacs -u foo quit emacs -- question there g) cp -f .emacs.desktop.noerror .emacs.desktop emacs -u foo quit emacs -- question not there In the .emacs file, the load paths are set to the git version of org-mode. If I set them to 7.5, no question at all. Hope you can reproduce it now and it helps to pinpoint the problem, Cheers, Rainer It may not be buffers it could also be one of the other "states" > (whatever that means) that the desktop persists across sessions. > > Jambunathan K. > -- Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany) Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology Stellenbosch University South Africa Tel : +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44 Cell: +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98 Fax (F): +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44 Fax (D): +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44 email: Rainer@krugs.de Skype: RMkrug