Comments below On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Eric Schulte wrote: > > Is there a more natural way that this could integrate with external > tools like cb2bib? I've just now installed cb2bib, and I'm not sure I > fully grasp its usage. > > I also found cb2Bib pretty opaque when I first installed it. It's not hard to understand the basics, though. Anything in your clipboard is queued up to import into cb2Bib. The easiest way, for example, to import a bibtex database entry from Google Scholar is to highlight the entire entry in the browser with a mouse, and it's parts are already displayed in cb2Bib. If, for example, one is trying to save from a text-based bibliography entry, it may be copied to the clipboard. Highlight, for example, the title, and right click, then select "title". And so on. This is the automagical part that I have found so very useful. It is important to 'unplug' cb2Bib if the entry needs to be edited. If not, any action in the fields and displayed will be lost. Then save using the save icons. I have to say, though, that a little explanation would go a long way, when trying to use it. Once this process is complete, I can see that being able to, in turn copy this entry to the clipboard would indeed be useful with org-bibtex . I wonder if it's possible to set a pipe or one of those cryptic file types (fifo?) I cannot remember would either work, or whether the developers would agree to enabling this ability. Alan