* how to insert a source template
@ 2011-04-12  1:16 Piter_
From: Piter_ @ 2011-04-12  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all.
I have no big knowlege of elisp. But I hope some one already done this.
I want to make a key binding which would insert a source code template
like this (I've got tired to type it every time):

#+source:
#+begin_src

#+end_src

Thanks.
Petro.

* Re: how to insert a source template
@ 2011-04-12  6:00 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-04-12  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Piter_; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Piter_ <x.piter@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all.
> I have no big knowlege of elisp. But I hope some one already done this.
> I want to make a key binding which would insert a source code template
> like this (I've got tired to type it every time):
>
> #+source:
> #+begin_src
>
> #+end_src

http://orgmode.org/manual/Easy-Templates.html#Easy-Templates
Also look at org-structure-template-alist.

@ 2011-04-12  7:04 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-04-12  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Piter_; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Petro,

You can use yasnippet to expand keywords into templates (like code
blocks) with TAB, see the following for instructions on using yasnippet
with Org-mode [1].

Alternately you could add the following elisp code to your config, and
bind the `org-insert-block' function to a comfortable key combination.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun org-insert-block (lang)
    (interactive "Mlanguage: ")
    (insert (format "#+begin_src %s\n  \n#+end_src" lang))
    (goto-char (- (point) 10)))
#+end_src

Cheers -- Eric

Piter_ <x.piter@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all.
> I have no big knowlege of elisp. But I hope some one already done this.
> I want to make a key binding which would insert a source code template
> like this (I've got tired to type it every time):
>
> #+source:
> #+begin_src
>
> #+end_src
>
> Thanks.
> Petro.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#YASnippet

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: how to insert a source template
@ 2011-04-12  9:45   ` Piter_
From: Piter_ @ 2011-04-12  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks guys. Exactly what I wanted.
The word template had not came into my mind, thats why my googling was
not sucesseful :(

@ 2011-04-12 19:31   ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-04-12 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Eric Schulte" <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Petro,
>
> You can use yasnippet to expand keywords into templates (like code
> blocks) with TAB, see the following for instructions on using yasnippet
> with Org-mode [1].
>
> Alternately you could add the following elisp code to your config, and
> bind the `org-insert-block' function to a comfortable key combination.
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (defun org-insert-block (lang)
>     (interactive "Mlanguage: ")
>     (insert (format "#+begin_src %s\n  \n#+end_src" lang))
>     (goto-char (- (point) 10)))
> #+end_src

There is also a nice FAQ that outlines the various options:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#shortcuts-for-entering-source-blocks

Best,
Matt