* TAB not working on example line : ?
@ 2011-06-05 15:01 Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2011-06-05 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Experts,

I'm using orgmode 7.5 on Emacs 23.3. The TAB key used to work on version
7.3, where a line like the following:

* Section One

  The text

         : this is the example line   <------ If I use TAB here, this line
will be aligned to "The text" in the above line.

However, in the 7.5, it's no longer working this way.

Any suggestions or explanations?

Thanks!

Xin

* Re: TAB not working on example line : ?
@ 2011-06-05 15:46 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2011-06-05 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Xin Shi <shixin111@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using orgmode 7.5 on Emacs 23.3. The TAB key used to work on version
> 7.3, where a line like the following:
>
> * Section One
>
>   The text
>
>          : this is the example line   <------ If I use TAB here, this line
> will be aligned to "The text" in the above line.
>
> However, in the 7.5, it's no longer working this way.

According to the manual (11.3 Literal examples) :

    For simplicity when using small examples, you can also start the
    example lines with a colon followed by a space. There may also be
    additional whitespace before the colon

This means indent function shouldn't remove the spaces you inserted at
the beginning of the line. I guess it allows examples to stand out this
way.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: TAB not working on example line : ?
@ 2011-06-05 15:54   ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2011-06-05 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode