* Org-indent mode - is it possible to change auto-fill column based on indentation level?
@ 2011-05-19 13:51 Leo Alekseyev
From: Leo Alekseyev @ 2011-05-19 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I like using org-indent, however, when I'm on e.g. the third level of
an outline, this means that the effective line starts 7 characters
away from the left buffer edge.  Most often, I have two buffers side
by side on a laptop, and they are 77 columns wide.  I set fill-column
to 77 in order to not waste space.  Now, if I'm on the third level of
the outline, auto-fill will only kick in on the 84th column or
thereabout.

Are there any hacks to dynamically adjust the fill-column value
depending on the outline level?  (Solutions like "get a bigger screen"
or "live with narrower default fill" are valid, but less desirable :)
)

--Leo

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-05-19 13:51 UTC | newest]