* How do teachers use org-mode
@ 2012-02-01  4:10 Venkatesh Choppella
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Venkatesh Choppella @ 2012-02-01  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear Org-mode users:

I am using  org-mode this semester  to host my course notes.   For me
org-mode was a god-send, since I had been struggling to organize
course notes in plain html  before that.

The course pages done in org-mode are at

 -  http://pascal.iiit.ac.in/~itws2

 - http://pascal.iiit.ac.in/~tipl

In the Information Technology  workshop course I am teaching this
semester,  we have introduced emacs and org-mode as part of the
course's curriculum to 1st year (freshman) students.   As part of the
course, they  are required to do  their lab reports in Org-mode.
Emacs continues to be  a difficult climb for many students, but
org-mode is an important motivator.  I expect that most of the 180
students in class will become comfortable with emacs by the end of the
semester.

I am interested to  hear from others who have used org-mode as part of
their teaching activities.

Sincerely,

Venkatesh Choppella
IIIT Hyderabad