I've been wanting a simple method for managing dependent tasks for some time now, and only now did it occur to me that I could just implement a much simpler method using your current blocking mechanism. The attached file, confusingly named org-depends.el, implements the following scheme: 1. Any TODO which has incomplete child TODOs is blocked. 2. If a parent TODO has the ORDERED property, it's children must be completed in order. Undone siblings block later siblings. 3. Blocked items are greyed out in the agenda list. John