From: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
To: Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Help debugging a problem when saving org-agenda files with C-x s
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 16:17:34 +0200	[thread overview]

On May 13, 2009, at 8:12 AM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I use an own function to save the current agenta to a text file,
> which I
> display in a tooltip on my desktop:

> (defun th-org-mode-init ()
>  (add-hook 'after-save-hook 'th-org-update-agenda-file t t))
>
> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'th-org-mode-init)
>
> ;; TODO: This errors when calling C-x s after modifying things in
> the agenda.
> (defun th-org-update-agenda-file (&optional force)
>  (interactive)
>  (when (and (eq major-mode 'org-mode)
>             (member buffer-file-name org-agenda-files))
>    (save-excursion
>      (save-window-excursion
>        (let ((file "/tmp/org-agenda.txt"))
>          (org-agenda-list)
>          (org-write-agenda file))))))
>
> This works fine when I save an agenda file while in its buffer, but
> when
> I edit the file via agenda commands and hit `C-x s', I'm asked if I
> want
> to save "/home/horn/repos/org/uni.org" and say yes, I get this error:

This probably happens because you are relying on org-agenda-list which
is supposed to display the agenda window and in this way set the
selected window and buffer.  In non-interactive use, the buffer is
created, but display is delayed until after the next idle moment.

Not tested, but this may help:

Replace (org-agenda-write) with this:

(with-current-buffer org-agenda-buffer-name (org-write-agenda file))

HTH

- Carsten