* Configuration query
@ 2010-11-17 21:19 Thomas S. Dye
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-11-17 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aloha all,

This might be a naive query, but I'm wondering if there is some
standard way to put the emacs configuration back to a previous state
outside of the customization interface?

I'm finding that I frequently work with Org-mode files that need
different configurations.  I typically have a #+begin_src emacs-lisp
block in these files that I can execute with C-c C-c, so that emacs
behaves the way the file requires for the task at hand.  When I'm
done, though, and jump onto the next task, which might depend on my
standard configuration to work correctly, I sometimes find that the
changes I've made break things.  At this point, I typically save, quit
emacs and start over.

What I'd like to do is be able to have, in each file that contains an
emacs-lisp source block that changes the configuration, a
corresponding source code block that puts things back the way they
were before the block was executed.

Perhaps there is an easy way to do this?

All the best,
Tom