* latex to org converter
@ 2012-04-11  2:33 Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2012-04-11  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

Does anybody has a script that convert latex files to org mode ?

I wrote one in Matlab, but it is a little clunky - I wrote it in matlab
because I am still learning lisp

thanks

* Re: latex to org converter
@ 2012-04-11  2:54 ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-04-11  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Marvin Doyley <marvinpas@gmail.com> writes:

> Does anybody has a script that convert latex files to org mode ?
>
> I wrote one in Matlab, but it is a little clunky - I wrote it in matlab
> because I am still learning lisp

Not exactly a script, but I highly recommend Pandoc[1]. There is also
pandoc-mode[2], which is an Emacs frontend to Pandoc.

Footnotes:
[1] http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/

[2] http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~jkremer/pandoc-mode.html

--
We are MicroSoft.  You will be assimilated.  Resistance is futile.
(Attributed to B.G., Gill Bates)

* Re: latex to org converter
@ 2012-04-11 13:10   ` Mirko Vukovic
From: Mirko Vukovic @ 2012-04-11 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Charles Philip Chan <cpchan <at> bell.net> writes:

> Marvin Doyley <marvinpas <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Does anybody has a script that convert latex files to org mode ?
> >
> > I wrote one in Matlab, but it is a little clunky - I wrote it in matlab
> > because I am still learning lisp
>
> Not exactly a script, but I highly recommend Pandoc[1]. There is also
> pandoc-mode[2], which is an Emacs frontend to Pandoc.
>
> Footnotes:
> [1] http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/
>
> [2] http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~jkremer/pandoc-mode.html

I always thought that TeX/LaTeX would be the perfect engine for that.  It
already understands the markup.  ``Only'' the output format would need to be
written.

Maybe with LuaTeX such a task can be made easier.

Disclamer: I've never done any deep TeX/LaTeX/Lua coding.

Mirko

* Re: latex to org converter
@ 2012-04-16  1:01 Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2012-04-16  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)