From: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
To: Martin Pohlack <mp26@os.inf.tu-dresden.de>
Cc: Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org>, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: Problem with recurring timestamps
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 12:32:03 +0200	[thread overview]

On Jul 6, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Martin Pohlack wrote:

> Carsten Dominik wrote:

>>> The problem seems to be that [+-]xh is not yet supported.
>>
>> yes, prewarning periods for deadlines have to de d, w, m, or y.
>> Hours and minutes are not supported.  How are you planing to use
>> this?
>
> I have a weekly recurring event which is due Friday 17:00, but I can
> only start working on it shortly before, say 2 h.
>
> I would like it not to appear in the agenda until 15:00 at Friday,
> or it
> could appear at Friday's agenda, with an extended timestamp (15:00),
> so
> I know it has to be done later.
>
> I could also be handled like this item:

> * TODO test4
>  DEADLINE: <2009-07-06 Mo 14:00> SCHEDULED: <2009-07-06 Mo 13:00>

This looks like a very good way to handle this use case.

The daily agenda is really about "what is up today", and it
should tell you in the morning what stuff is waiting for you
instead of giving you nasty surprises at 3 in the afternoon.

You can add a repeater to both the deadline and the
scheduled item, they will both be kicked forward when
you mark the entry done.

HTH

- Carsten