Bruno Barbier writes: > Ihor Radchenko writes: > >> Note that Emacs 29 has `read-string-from-buffer'. > > I completely missed the fact that it was already in Emacs. > > I'll definitely use the string-edit version (the version > with callbacks). > > Thanks Ihor. Same here, very much thanks Ihor! I postponed answering unitll i have testedit. Cool. Now I have to say are you f-n kidding me :). Anyway, a follow question: Where is the source code?! Normally the help window says "... is a Lisp function in ."