Hello Eli, To my understanding @xref works only for info links (node names or anchors, or qualified thereof where the qualificator is the info document name) --- maybe I am wrong, tell me if so --- but I want to refer to an HTML or PDF document. Vincent. ________________________________ De : Eli Zaretskii Envoyé : dimanche 24 juin 2018 16:31 À : Vincent Belaïche Cc : emacs-devel@gnu.org; emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Objet : Re: info URL « open at point » patch > From: Vincent Belaïche > Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 06:57:53 +0000 > > I am writing to both Emacs-devel and org-mode list because this concerns > browsing URL, and Org-mode already has quite some stuff on this. > Recently I came across this that in an Info file a « file: » protocol > URL is not opened at point. Please find attached a patch to make it > known to the Emacs info browser. > My point was that I have some manual that are only in HTML or PDF, like > the SVN manual, In have a local copy, and I want to find it through a > manual index that I written in Texinfo to get an info node with this > index. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand why support for file:// protocol is needed in Info. Info already supports its own protocol of referencing to an external file, via the @xref command and its varieties, with 4 or more arguments. So why cannot you simply use one of those cross-referencing commands, if you want a reference to another manual? Thanks.