* org-install.el in Emacs probably should be removed
@ 2009-02-15  7:50 Leo
From: Leo @ 2009-02-15  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

I just notice there is a dummy file in emacs/lisp/org. The use of this
file hides problems away for example if users install org to a dir that
is overshadowed by the lisp/org in emacs (this happen quite often to
newbies too). Two files with the same name but different content also
confuse other users.

I think for users using both standalone and included org versions, the
cleaner and better way is to use one of the following

  (load "org-install" t) or (require 'org-install nil t)

in their own .emacs files if they want to avoid error (we can put this
in the documentation). But I guess some will prefer emacs to throw an
error when that org-install that does autoloads is missing.

Pointing out the install procedure is only for installing standalone org
package is also sufficient.

Thus I propose we do away with this dummy file and keep the emacs
distribution clean.

Best,
--
.: Leo :. [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ] .: I use Emacs :.