* [html] centering
@ 2013-05-02  1:22 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-05-02  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Has there been a recent change in HTML centering?  We get this now:

This does not work in browsers that do not support CSS.

Thanks.

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

* Re: [html] centering
@ 2013-05-02 21:05 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2013-05-02 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Has there been a recent change in HTML centering?  We get this now:

> This does not work in browsers that do not support CSS.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Samuel

Looks like Bastien put that in in baa2999, around March 12. That commit
moved the remaining inline style declarations into CSS, presumably as
that's considered best practice. I can't speak for what we *should* be
supporting, though...

* Re: [html] centering
@ 2013-05-03  7:30 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-05-03  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2.5.2013, at 03:22, Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> wrote:

> Has there been a recent change in HTML centering?  We get this now:

> This does not work in browsers that do not support CSS.

Specifically, which browsers are you talking about?

What do you mean by "not working"?  Just not centered,
or something worse?

Thanks

- Carsten

@ 2013-05-03 22:28   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-05-03 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

On 5/3/13, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Has there been a recent change in HTML centering?  We get this now:

>> This does not work in browsers that do not support CSS.
>
> Specifically, which browsers are you talking about?
>
> What do you mean by "not working"?  Just not centered,
> or something worse?

Just not centered.  I want my posts to work in text-oriented browsers
if possible, and I find that emacs-w3m does not seem to center.  In my
test, at least, a normal export of a subtree to a buffer (with HEAD)
does not center in emacs-w3m.

Incidentally, I normally export blog posts without HEAD, because
Blogger does not work well that way.  So the new change means, as far
as I can tell, that I will have to add a CSS definition for center to
the places where I export.

@ 2013-05-04 19:19     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-05-04 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 4.5.2013, at 00:28, Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> On 5/3/13, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Has there been a recent change in HTML centering?  We get this now:

>>> This does not work in browsers that do not support CSS.
>>
>> Specifically, which browsers are you talking about?
>>
>> What do you mean by "not working"?  Just not centered,
>> or something worse?
>
> Just not centered.  I want my posts to work in text-oriented browsers
> if possible, and I find that emacs-w3m does not seem to center.  In my
> test, at least, a normal export of a subtree to a buffer (with HEAD)
> does not center in emacs-w3m.
>
> Incidentally, I normally export blog posts without HEAD, because
> Blogger does not work well that way.  So the new change means, as far
> as I can tell, that I will have to add a CSS definition for center to
> the places where I export.

So that is a viable solution for you?

- Carsten