Thank you Thomas. On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Thomas S. Dye wrote: > Aloha Sunny, > > > On Dec 1, 2010, at 11:05 PM, Sunny Srivastava wrote: > > Hello Org-moders: >> >> I am trying to use org-mode, instead of Sweave, to write a report for a >> statistical analysis. During the process of writing, I prefer to export the >> org file to pdf to see the output (for sanity check). However, every time I >> do this, I get a question in minibuffer to choose if I want to "run the R >> code". I have three questions related to this: >> >> 1. Can I turn this feature off and let "org-babel-R" (sorry if this is >> something else) automatically choose YES if the code has not been run >> already and NO if the code has been already run. >> >> > This is the :cache header argument. The setting you want is :cache yes. > > > 2. Currently, if the code was run already, I choose NO. I am assuming this >> won't affect the results. Am I correct? (If I change something in the code I >> run it using C-c in org-mode before exporting it to pdf) >> >> 3. Is there a way to know which R code chunk is "org-babel-R" asking to >> run, when it asks the question about running the R code. >> >> > This behavior has changed relatively recently. I believe that with a recent > version, answering NO won't abandon the evaluation of subsequent code > blocks, and that the code block name is visible when the question is asked. > This is something I don't use, so you'd have to pull and see for yourself. > > For me, it is preferable to disable the query. To disable the query, I set > this: > > #+begin_src emacs-lisp :tangle yes > (setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil) > #+end_src > > hth, > Tom > >> I looked in the uses of org-babel-R webpage on worg, but could not see >> anything related to this. Sorry if I missed something or the query is too >> basic. >> >> Thank you. >> >> Regards, >> S. >> >> _______________________________________________ >> Emacs-orgmode mailing list >> Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. >> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org >> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >> > >