From: "Mattias Jämting" <mattias@jwd.se>
To: Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de>
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Org-protocol / Chrome on Linux
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:11:50 +0200	[thread overview]

Yes i'm running a pretty standard Ubuntu 10.04 setup.

I managed to get it working on chrome by removing the
encodeURIComponent command on location.href.

I could simulate it in the terminal like this.

mattias@helium:~$ xdg-open org-protocol://capture://http%3A%2F%2Forgmode.org
Error showing URL: Operation not supported
mattias@helium:~$ xdg-open org-protocol://capture://http://orgmode.org
mattias@helium:~$ (worked)

Strange that it worked in FF. Maybe Chrome and FF encodes URIs differently?

Anyway. Works for me now so i'm pleased...

/Mattias

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 01:20, Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> wrote:
> Mattias Jämting <mattias@jwd.se> writes:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Have someone managed to get org-protocol (
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php) working in chrome on
>> linux (i use ubuntu) ?
>>
>> (I have tried; it works in firefox, but not in chrome - which is my
>> preferred browser nowadays.)
>>
>> Please let my know if it works for you, or if you have any hints on setting
>> it up.
>

> Do you have Gnome libs installed?  On a current GNU/Linux you could
> install protocol handlers for all programs as explained in
>
>  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php#sec-3_1
>

> I don't know how to setup protocols with Chrome, but once you have done
> that, restarting Chrome and clicking one of the test links should work:
>
>  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php#sec-3_4
>

> Please report back if you get it to work.   Maybe you could even provide
> a little description we could add to the docs.
>

> HTH
>
>  Sebastian
>

> (I will not use Chrome, since I don't want sites as trusted repos in my
> sources list, that uses the uninstall script in the *.deb package, to
> put the site into my sources list again.)

 Mattias Jämting   www.jwd.se | mattias@jwd.se | 070-6760182
  Internet, Coding, Design, Usablility - since 1998