On 7 January 2011 06:40, Carsten Dominik wrote: > > On Jan 7, 2011, at 3:22 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote: > > Hi Julius, >> >> Julius Gamanyi writes: >> >> While adding the changes to the current development code, I ran into an >>> obstacle: I couldn't find org-install.el even with the find command; but >>> org-install.el is part of the stable release. >>> Is org-install.el only added before a stable release or I'm I missing >>> something else? >>> >> >> You can create lisp/org-install.el with >> >> make lisp/org-install.el >> > Thanks, this works and now I can see org-install.el. Since org-install.el is generated, I think it's best if I don't change it but make sure that the autoload comments are picked up from org-latex-outline.el. > >> >>> Another question: must all the contributions be stored in the contrib >>> directory? >>> >> >> I think only contributions from people who haven't signed the FSF papers >> need to be limited to the contrib directory but Bastien or Carsten would >> have a more official comment on that. >> > > The contrib directory contains both stuff where no FSF papers > have been signed, and also things where it has not yet been determined > if they are generally useful and if they will be used by a significant > number of people. Normally such new contributions are added to > contrib/lisp, and then moved to lisp/ once it has been decided to do so. > So I would recommend that your initial patch puts it into contrib/lisp, > with corresponding changes to the org-modules variable in lisp/org.el > and in contrib/README. And, if you like, documentation on Worg. > I'll move the patches to contrib/lisp and make the updates. > This is how I used to handle this - the decision about > org-latex-outline.el will of course be made by Bastien. > > One thing: all files in lisp/ must have names which are > unique within the first 8 characters, due to Emacs rules > which require unique names for, I believe, MS-DOS. > org-latex-outline.el would not fulfill this requirement. > Maybe org-ltxol.el or so? Or maybe even better the code > can eventually simply be integrated into org-latex.el? > If the outline proves useful, then integrating it with org-latex.el would be much better. It consists of a copy-and-paste job of the functions (org-export-as-latex and org-export-latex-make-header) in org-latex.el. It adds the \end{outline} to org-export-as-latex and \begin{outline}[enumerate] to org-export-latex-make-header while removing the table of contents. It was the easiest thing that worked at the time but not the cleanest. Julius