* org-mode <=> Instiki
@ 2010-10-10  4:51 Marco Gualtieri
From: Marco Gualtieri @ 2010-10-10  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I would like to know to what degree and how far we are from interoperability
between my favourite two softwares, instiki and org-mode.

instiki has very nice features for mathematicians and has been carefully
retrofitted as described here
http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/wiki/instiki/show/HomePage

it has several xhtml capable markup options, most useful of  which is
Markdown and itex2MML for the math.  it has a latex export and is being used
for several large collaborative math sites like
http://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/HomePage.

I don't know enough about the architecture of org-mode or Instiki to know
how easy or difficult this would be, but I would like to be able to edit an
orgmode file with my usual latex environments and links and export it to an
instiki, and vice versa.  Essentially you could use the instiki as a
web-viewable and editable orgmode file.  I suspect  that this is probably
almost doable now and would appreciate some insights from the list.

Thanks,
Marco Gualtieri