* fr: capture to kill buffer if requested
@ 2010-10-23  2:37 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2010-10-23  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Here is an idea for a minor feature in capture.

Sometimes you don't want the buffer to stay around, but you
want to capture to it.  Perhaps the plist notation could
include the possibility of killing the buffer after
capturing to it?  I didn't find a hook, but maybe this is
useful enough for the plist notation.

* Re: fr: capture to kill buffer if requested
@ 2010-10-26 15:50 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-10-26 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 23, 2010, at 4:37 AM, Samuel Wales wrote:

> Here is an idea for a minor feature in capture.
>
> Sometimes you don't want the buffer to stay around, but you
> want to capture to it.  Perhaps the plist notation could
> include the possibility of killing the buffer after
> capturing to it?  I didn't find a hook, but maybe this is
> useful enough for the plist notation.

Sure, please use the property :kill-buffer

THe buffer will only be killed if it was created to do the capture.
If a buffer was already visiting this file before capture was initiated,
then it will not be removed.

This has a nice property:  If you capture A to file foo, and in the
middle
of doing so you decide to also capture (using the same template) B to
foo,
then the buffer visiting foo will remain after B capture, but it will be
removed after A capture is finalized.

Greetings

- Carsten

* Re: fr: capture to kill buffer if requested
@ 2010-10-26 19:53   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2010-10-26 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks, Carsten.