On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 8:04 AM, Dov Grobgeld wrote: > On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 15:38, John Hendy wrote: > >> >> What about prezi, then? No orgmode integration but seems to be the least >> "powerpoint-ish" and reminiscent of the "olden days"? http://prezi.com/ >> > > You've got any idea of how to conceptually map a orgmode document into the > non-linear mode of prezi? It certainly supports scrolling, though. > Not really! Though I wouldn't be surprised if most people use prezi more for the animations/transitions/uniqueness than really using the non-linearity. Does that make sense? As in, I know you can go to "slide 1" (or zoom in on some area as your "slide 1"), move on to some other things and then quickly whip back to slide 1 as you say, "Now, remember this information I spoke of earlier? Let's look at how that's affected by what I just referred to" or something like that. I guess I'm taking "non-linear" to mean how you navigate through the information, not solely the fact that prezi is on a huge canvas and thus not a sequence (linear) of slides. If you just mean the ability to revisit things... I think there should definitely be a way to put your presentation together in advance so you revisit various things and make the appearance of non-linearity. But it will still be fullscreen slides showing one after another, not twirling and whirling around a canvas. > > Dov > >> >> >> John >> >> >>> Regards, >>> Dov >>> >>> >>> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 15:17, John Hendy wrote: >>> >>>> >>>> >>>> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Dov Grobgeld wrote: >>>> >>>>> In looking for the perfect slide show generation from org-mode I have >>>>> so far checked the following and found that they have serious problems: >>>>> >>>>> - epresenter - Keyboard gets stuck, little control over display. >>>>> - org-s5 - No support for pages overflowing, e.g. when showing a >>>>> long slides I would like to scroll >>>>> >>>>> What about beamer? To date I haven't found anything I like as much! It >>>> just seems to do about everything... even if that means hunting down the >>>> occasional obscure code to force it to do my will! >>>> >>>> You can combine it with impressive! and do some fantastic things during >>>> presentations: http://impressive.sourceforge.net/ >>>> >>>> >>>> John >>>> >>> >>> >> >