* Re: Menu-bar bug (was Org menu dropdown disappears -- bug??)
@ 2010-08-14 15:26 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2010-08-14 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs, emacs-orgmode

On Aug 14, 5:40 pm, rustom <rustompm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some time back I found that the menu (drop-down) under python
> 'disappeared' ie clicking there did not show anything
>
> Today I found the same thing happened for the org and tbl menus --
> click there and nothing happens/shows.
>
> Restarted emacs -Q and it was there.
> Ok so something in my setup.
>
> So tried
> a My org specific setup (which is in a separate el-file) and no init
> -- the menu is there
> b My init but no org setups -- the menu has disappeared
>
> Now I can of course hunt down which setup is the culprit. (Just have
> to start and stop emacs about 30 times!!) But I was just wondering if
> some tip/bug etc is already known in this regard
>
> emacs version 23.1.1
> org version 7.01trans

Update -- Now it seems more likely theres some bug somewhere.
Start emacs -Q
The menu-bar line is as expected ie it has
File Edit Options Buffers Tools Lisp-Interaction Help

Under Lisp-Interaction there are 5 entries:
Complete-Lisp-Symbol....Evaluate-Defun

Now I do M-x org-mode
The menu-bar now has
File Edit Options Buffers Tools Org Tbl Help

Note Lisp-Interaction has disappeared

But under Org I see the same entries that were earlier under lisp
interaction.

emacs version 23.1.1
org version 7.01trans
debian squeeze

* Re: [Orgmode] Re: Menu-bar bug
@ 2010-08-15  0:09 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-08-15  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, emacs-orgmode

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:
> Update -- Now it seems more likely theres some bug somewhere.
> Start emacs -Q
> The menu-bar line is as expected ie it has
> File Edit Options Buffers Tools Lisp-Interaction Help
>
> Under Lisp-Interaction there are 5 entries:
> Complete-Lisp-Symbol....Evaluate-Defun
>
> Now I do M-x org-mode
> The menu-bar now has
> File Edit Options Buffers Tools Org Tbl Help
>
> Note Lisp-Interaction has disappeared
>
> But under Org I see the same entries that were earlier under lisp
> interaction.

Cannot confirm that bug.  It simply works as expected here.

(emacs 24, Debian Squeeze, Org-mode 7.01 --- the one in emacs trunk).

  Sebastian

* Re: Menu-bar bug (was Org menu dropdown disappears -- bug??)
@ 2010-08-15  6:58 ` Bastian Beischer
From: Bastian Beischer @ 2010-08-15  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, emacs-orgmode