Sometimes, I have used outliners, like ThinkTank, to organize my thoughts, and reorganize the structure of a document of whatever kind. I don't need headings or sectioning in some cases. I have not found a way to exclude heading lines from LaTeX output in Orgmode, nor have I found a tag to say, "omit this headline." I do see the variables org-export-exclude-tags, and org-export-select tags; as well as an option to include a specific number of headings as LaTeX sections. In the later case, other headings are exported as plain list items, not what I have in mind. A related issue perhaps: what would it take to export, say list items, as "paragraph" and "subparagraph" sections in LaTeX. The ability to export a pdf almost automatically through LaTeX, even with images, is magical. Many thanks for this. Alan Davis