* java snippet code not exported
@ 2011-03-20 22:02 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2011-03-20 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I was carrying around this issue since long time, but today I finally
understood what exactly the source is.

Suppose I have this very simple orgfile, if I try to export it to html I
get the error as below.  Can anyone else reproduce it?  I guess is
font-locking problem but that should be a perfectly valid (even if
perfectly useless java snippet).

title

#+begin_src java
  import static org.junit.Assert.*;

#+end_src

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range 106 113)
  put-text-property(106 113 face font-lock-type-face)
  c-fontify-recorded-types-and-refs()...

Andrea

--
Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.60.g706a)

* Re: java snippet code not exported
@ 2011-03-21  8:39 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-03-21  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Crotti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> I was carrying around this issue since long time, but today I finally
> understood what exactly the source is.
>
> Suppose I have this very simple orgfile, if I try to export it to html I
> get the error as below.  Can anyone else reproduce it?  I guess is
> font-locking problem but that should be a perfectly valid (even if
> perfectly useless java snippet).
>

> title
>
> #+begin_src java
>   import static org.junit.Assert.*;
>
> #+end_src

[...]

> Thanks,
> Andrea
>
> --
> Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.60.g706a)

Andrea,

This works just fine for me.  No errors at all and the code (html)
generated seems fine.  Try latest git version maybe in case the problem
has somehow been fixed in the 30+ commits made 2since the version you
used?

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.91.g38c6b)

* Re: java snippet code not exported
@ 2011-03-21 10:55   ` andrea crotti
From: andrea crotti @ 2011-03-21 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

2011/3/21 Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk>:
> Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:
>
> This works just fine for me.  No errors at all and the code (html)
> generated seems fine.  Try latest git version maybe in case the problem
> has somehow been fixed in the 30+ commits made 2since the version you
> used?

Right it works also for me now on linux with a bit younger version of org.
I should try on OSX again and see if it's maybe it's something else...

Anyway another issue which is still related to exporting.
The other day it took me a long time to understand why
#+begin_src c
#+end_src

was not working, and in the end the solution was simply to use

#+begin_src C
#+end_src

the problem is that with the capital "C" emacs doesn't find a C-mode and thus
I don't get the right mode to write code with.

But the main question is, does it make sense to make that particular
string case sensitive?

How could
#+begin_src Language and #+begin_src lanGuage do different things?

Thanks a lot,
Andrea