emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Mobile.org & UTF-8
@ 2010-11-19  6:02 Henri-Paul Indiogine
  2010-11-19 15:36 ` Neil Hepburn
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Henri-Paul Indiogine @ 2010-11-19  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org

I am running the latest git org-mode on Emacs 24 in Ubuntu.  I also have
an iPod with the latest version of MobileOrg, 1.5.1.

I also use Dropbox.

Just today I reinstalled everything on my iPod because I had
problems synchronizing.  For some reason Dropbox stopped the
synchronization.  I unlinked and then linked again to make it all work.

Now I obtain the error: "Unable to detect file encoding, please re-save
this file using UTF-8."

I did some Googling and it appears that the problem was solved in the
latest version of MobileOrg.

I have not changed anything in my .emacs file and have never specified
any encoding and before this evening I did not have any problems with MobileOrg.


Thanks,
Henri-Paul



-- 
Henri-Paul Indiogine
Email: hindiogine@gmail.com

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: Mobile.org & UTF-8
  2010-11-19  6:02 Mobile.org & UTF-8 Henri-Paul Indiogine
@ 2010-11-19 15:36 ` Neil Hepburn
  2010-11-19 20:38   ` Henri-Paul Indiogine
  2010-11-19 22:35   ` Henri-Paul Indiogine
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Neil Hepburn @ 2010-11-19 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hindiogine; +Cc: emacs-org

Hi Henri-Paul
I ran into a similar problem when I moved from using MobileMe to
Dropbox. What I did that seemed to fix the problem for me was to delete
the folder "MobileOrg" from my Dropbox folder. Then I reset the stuff in
Mobileorg on my iPhone, re-sync'ed the iPhone to create a new MobileOrg
folder in your Dropbox folder and then it worked. It seems to work fine
now.


-Neil

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 22:02 -0800, Henri-Paul Indiogine wrote:
> I am running the latest git org-mode on Emacs 24 in Ubuntu.  I also have
> an iPod with the latest version of MobileOrg, 1.5.1.
> 
> I also use Dropbox.
> 
> Just today I reinstalled everything on my iPod because I had
> problems synchronizing.  For some reason Dropbox stopped the
> synchronization.  I unlinked and then linked again to make it all work.
> 
> Now I obtain the error: "Unable to detect file encoding, please re-save
> this file using UTF-8."
> 
> I did some Googling and it appears that the problem was solved in the
> latest version of MobileOrg.
> 
> I have not changed anything in my .emacs file and have never specified
> any encoding and before this evening I did not have any problems with MobileOrg.
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> Henri-Paul
> 
> 
> 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: Mobile.org & UTF-8
  2010-11-19 15:36 ` Neil Hepburn
@ 2010-11-19 20:38   ` Henri-Paul Indiogine
  2010-11-19 22:35   ` Henri-Paul Indiogine
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Henri-Paul Indiogine @ 2010-11-19 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org

Hi Neil!

Neil Hepburn <nhepburn@ualberta.ca> writes:
> I ran into a similar problem when I moved from using MobileMe to
> Dropbox. What I did that seemed to fix the problem for me was to delete
> the folder "MobileOrg" from my Dropbox folder. Then I reset the stuff in
> Mobileorg on my iPhone, re-sync'ed the iPhone to create a new MobileOrg
> folder in your Dropbox folder and then it worked. It seems to work fine
> now.

OK, I can delete the Dropbox folder.  However, what do you mean with
"reset the stuff in MobileOrg on my iPhone"?

Do you delete the app and then install a fresh one? And then sync with org-mode?

Thanks,
Henri-Paul

-- 
Henri-Paul Indiogine
Email: hindiogine@gmail.com
Skype: hindiogine
Website: http://people.cehd.tamu.edu/~sindiogine

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: Mobile.org & UTF-8
  2010-11-19 15:36 ` Neil Hepburn
  2010-11-19 20:38   ` Henri-Paul Indiogine
@ 2010-11-19 22:35   ` Henri-Paul Indiogine
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Henri-Paul Indiogine @ 2010-11-19 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neil Hepburn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Neil!

2010/11/19 Neil Hepburn <nhepburn@ualberta.ca>:
> I ran into a similar problem when I moved from using MobileMe to
> Dropbox. What I did that seemed to fix the problem for me was to delete
> the folder "MobileOrg" from my Dropbox folder. Then I reset the stuff in
> Mobileorg on my iPhone, re-sync'ed the iPhone to create a new MobileOrg
> folder in your Dropbox folder and then it worked. It seems to work fine
> now.

It worked, thanks.

HP

-- 
Henri-Paul Indiogine

Curriculum & Instruction
Texas A&M University

Email: hindiogine@gmail.com
Skype: hindiogine
Website: http://people.cehd.tamu.edu/~sindiogine

"Rien ne va de soi.  Rien n'est donné. Tous est construit."   Gaston
Bachelard, 1934

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2010-11-19 22:36 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2010-11-19  6:02 Mobile.org & UTF-8 Henri-Paul Indiogine
2010-11-19 15:36 ` Neil Hepburn
2010-11-19 20:38   ` Henri-Paul Indiogine
2010-11-19 22:35   ` Henri-Paul Indiogine

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).