From: brian powell <briangpowellms@gmail.com>
To: Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, "Tom Breton (Tehom)" <tehom@panix.com>
Subject: Re: org-stow (Proof of concept)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 19:57:14 -0500	[thread overview]

You asked to hear from interested OrgMode users:

STOW is great software; yes, please push it--its great for testing and
sofware configuration (STOW is) it will be very interesting and maybe very
useful to see what you have in mind.

STOW reminds me of AUFS/UNIONFS and there may be other uses for people like
myself; people that are interested in using OrgMode in non-traditional ways:
You could use it in a real-time brainstorming group meeting---back-in and
back-out of one version of a plan/agenda.  Maybe you could make "contingency
plans" or "Plan B's" or "Plan 9 From Outer Space" agendas!

Recently I stumbled on "NIX" which supports the config. of several software
versions of different and concurrent packaging systems like APT and RPM
co-existing in harmony.  Ideas, agendas and notes in OrgMode can be seen the
same way maybe.   GNU STOW was interesting for similar reasons.  NIX can
help you escape from "library or version conflict hell"--ideas and notes in
OrgMode are like ideas that may be  good; but, you may want to put them on
the back-burner or "org-stow" them away.
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/stow (I believe this is what you are
refering to) claims "Stow is a package manager for people who don't use
package managers"--NIX and other meta-packaging systems are trying to
sidestep package management problems--regardless of the (usual) software
conflict problems.

One may use something like an "org-stow" to write a plan/story/script (in
outline OrgMode form) with many different versions for example.

There are org-drawers remember: http://orgmode.org/manual/Drawers.html

---can you org-stow things in org-drawers? like org-socks?

enough comedy; seriously though, yes please, I'm interested.