I have this grand plan to implement support for this in MobileOrg, I didn't realize the project had changed, thanks for piquing my interest in it again. http://matburt.net On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:10 PM, Mark Elston wrote: > Have you looked at sl4a (formerly ase)? With it you can > start Intents and perform clipboard operations plus file > manipulations using a standard scripting language like > perl, python, or ruby (among others). This might be > very useful. > > Mark > > > On 11/28/2010 11:10 AM, Sven Bretfeld wrote: > >> Hi together >> >> TextToSpeech has made our lives easier, especially for car-drivers like >> me. I have tried to capture tasks by voice on my Android device and >> implement them automatically to my org-files at home. The results are >> practicable but far from optimal by now. Maybe there are some Android >> users on this list who like to get involved in trying to find an optimal >> solution. >> >> *My method at the moment:* >> >> I use "tasker," the Android killer-app for automatizing almost every >> thinkable task. Created a new task called "org-voice" with tasker. >> Pressing the associated icon does the following: >> >> 1. Plays Darth Vader's voice saying "What is thy bidding, my master?" >> >> 2. Loads app Voice2Clipboard >> >> 3. Waits for 30 seconds (to get Voice2Clipboard ready for recording and >> for me to finish speaking the note) >> >> 4. Write File: Writes the clipboard content to a file >> /sdcard/dropbox/org/org-voice.org >> >> After uploading the file with Dropbox, a cronjob on my PC (which is >> always switched on) takes care of the file. Its lines (each is a capture >> item) are transformed by a series of sed operations and put into a >> different file from-org-voice.org together with some TAGS and a TODO >> keyword; after that the original file is emptied. That's it. >> >> The problem with this approach is that you still have to manually >> download the (empty) capture-file (org-voice.org)[¹] and to manually >> upload >> it again, because Dropbox for Android doesn't sync changed files on the >> sdcard automatically. And especially to upload process needs quite a >> view clicks. >> >> *What would be better:* >> >> Use MobileOrg and have the clipboard contents written into the file used >> by MobileOrg for written captures. This is >> /sdcard/mobileorg/mobileorg.org if you use sdcard-storage. This way, you >> could use MobileOrg's own syncing process and no cronjob would be >> necessary. >> >> This could be done in two ways: >> >> 1. Use the same procedure and let tasker write the contents into the >> file directly. This is not possible for me since I have to use >> internal-storage for reasons of performance[²] and the files in >> /data/data/com.matburt.mobileorg/files/ are not writable for other >> programs without root. >> >> 2. Use tasker to start MobileOrg, enter the capture dialog and have a >> voice recognition app started. I simply don't know how to do that. >> >> Maybe tasker can even be programmed to automatically start MobileOrg's >> syncing process from time to time. But I don't know if and how this is >> possible. >> >> Does anybody have a better solution? Or a better idea? >> >> Greetings, >> >> Sven >> >> [¹] If you don't, the next sync with dropbox would replace the file >> with your notes by the empty file hosted on the Dropbox server. >> [²] On HTC Magic (Android 1.6) sdcard-storage makes MobileOrg >> incredibly slow. It takes more than a minute after starting MobileOrg >> until the files are displayed. >> >> > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >