On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Stephen Eglen wrote: > The following message is a courtesy copy of an article > that has been posted to gmane.emacs.orgmode as well. > > Matt Price writes: > > > > - as I understand it this system will only work with entries that have > > been added via "i" in a calendar-mode org agenda view. When I try to > > add items this way I am never prompted for a time, only a date. Am I > > missing something here? > > hi Matt, > Carsten accepted a patch of mine a while ago that allows you to do stuff > like the following from the agenda: > > "i d RET 09:00-09:30 meeting with Joe" > > and the time is extracted from the text you enter, if you set: > > (setq org-agenda-insert-diary-extract-time t) > > this is super, stephen thank you. had some difficulties with google's timezone handling but those appear to be fixed now. seems to be woring perfectly! for a real two-way sync to work with this method, I think we need access to uid's of google calendar events. If I read the documentation properly, the underlying gdata-python library doesn't support uid queries. So I filed an enhancement bug: http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/issues/detail?id=444&q=uid maybe someone with a better coding sense can improve it; in any case, we can all follow its progress at that url. matt > Stephen > >