* rownames in matlab or octave.
@ 2011-03-01 15:16 Piter_
From: Piter_ @ 2011-03-01 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all.
Is is possible to output result from matlab source code with row
(column) names, or it works only in R.
Thanks.
Petro.

* Re: rownames in matlab or octave.
@ 2011-03-02  7:27 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-03-02  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Piter_; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Piter_ <x.piter@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all.
> Is is possible to output result from matlab source code with row
> (column) names, or it works only in R.
> Thanks.
> Petro.

I would think not, at least in the automatic sense that R does it
because Matlab doesn't have the concept of tables.  Arrays do not have
headings for either rows or columns.

You could generate output that includes labels manually, using =printf=,
say, which would then be interpreted the way you wish but this is not
necessarily elegant or easy to generalise.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.576.g99675)

* Re: rownames in matlab or octave.
@ 2011-03-02  9:14   ` Piter_
From: Piter_ @ 2011-03-02  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

May be it is possible to add this possibility in org-babel. So one can
predefine row and column names in the source header, and than use it
for tabulated result? I definitely don't know elisp enough to
implement it, but maybe some one will be interested in such feature to
make it.
Thanks.
Petro