Hi Samuel, I've been blogging with org-mode for a while and like it a lot. Let's me keep my blog posts in an org file for retention but still provides a convenient way to post to html. See this page of the manual for getting rid of a lot of other stuff: http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html. For example, you can set some lines like this in your header: #+options: author:nil email:nil My publishing routine goes like this... Write up some text: * heading ** subheading for export blah blah blah blah - Highlight "blah blah blah blah" - C-c C-e R to export the region - In the new buffer created I delete everything from < html > to the text I want as well as the closing < /html >. I use C-x C-w to save that buffer to a file called export.txt - I open up a command line and run perl -pi -e ' s/\R/ /g; s/\//g; s/\<\/p\>/\n\n/g;' export.txt - I go back to emacs and do C-x C-f export.txt and tell it to reload and then copy that into blogger The perl command gets rid of < p > tags and since I run org in Fill mode it gets ride of the badly placed line breaks so everything is continuous. It's been working pretty good for me. I might need to optimize the perl. It's been a little bit since I used it but I recall it puts an extra space at the beginning of paragraphs or something. I'm sure there's some function I can't recall to get rid of the < html > heading but I can't recall what it is offhand. It's in the mailing list archives somewhere. For now my blogging is low enough that I don't mind stripping it off myself. John On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Samuel Wales wrote: > I want to blog to blogger.com using org, but I am not yet up > to trying org-googlecl.el. I will in the future, but don't > want to go through the setup now. > > So I want to paste org-generated HTML into Blogger. But my > first attempt did not work. I highlighted the region, > exported to HTML, and pasted into the text box on Blogger. > It said: > > Your HTML cannot be accepted: Tag is not allowed: HTML > > What do I need to change to make this work? > > === > > Also, org put the date (in two places) and the author in the > generated HTML code. I don't want to export those, not even > in the code. I looked for org-export-with- variables and > did not find ones that matched. > > How do I prevent their export? > > Thanks. > > > Samuel > > -- > Q: How many CDC "scientists" does it take to change a lightbulb? > A: "You only think it's dark." [CDC has denied a deadly serious > disease for 25 years] > ========== > HIV-like virus: http://www.wpinstitute.org/xmrv/index.html -- PLEASE > DONATE > === > I want to see the original (pre-hold) Lo et al. 2010 NIH/FDA/Harvard MLV > paper. > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >