* Org-mode Epic Win RPG
@ 2010-08-27 11:35 Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2010-08-27 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

A colleague of mine has been using the Epic Win Iphone app to get things done:

http://www.epicwinapp.com/

It combines TODO lists, with an RPG game...  The more you get done,
the more you level up.

It made me wonder, has anyone done something like this for org-mode?

R.

* Re: Org-mode Epic Win RPG
@ 2010-09-10 16:32 ` Jonathan Arkell
From: Jonathan Arkell @ 2010-09-10 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Moynihan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Wow.

Epic Win indeed.  This is such a good idea, and I'd love to see something similar for org-mode!

The biggest hurdle I can see is not the developing of the underlying "game" engine, but rather the story-line and world behind it.  That said, Taking a crack at this would be rather fun.

Is anyone else interested in this?
__________________________________

Jonathan Arkell
Tech Lead
Inspired By Drum & Bass, Scheme, Kawaii

p. 403.206.4377

402 -- 11th Ave SE
Calgary, AB, Canada T2G 0Y4

jonathana@criticalmass.com
criticalmass.com

On Aug 27, 2010, at 5:35 AM, Rick Moynihan wrote:

> A colleague of mine has been using the Epic Win Iphone app to get things done:
>
> http://www.epicwinapp.com/
>
> It combines TODO lists, with an RPG game...  The more you get done,
> the more you level up.
>
> It made me wonder, has anyone done something like this for org-mode?
>
> R.

The information contained in this message is confidential. It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity named above or their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message.

* Re: Org-mode Epic Win RPG
@ 2010-09-10 16:48   ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2010-09-10 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Arkell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Very cool :) I'd love something like that. And we could also check if
Epic Win has an API that could be used to integrate the two.

Marcelo.