* MobileOrg: "Unexpceted error" when syncing data from Dropbox
@ 2010-12-11 13:47 Martin Stemplinger
From: Martin Stemplinger @ 2010-12-11 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

today I upgraded to org-mode 7.4 (I'm using GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1
(i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600) should that matter). Since then I receive the
message "Unexpected Error" when I try to sync from Dropbox.

I unistalled/reinstlled MobileOrg on my iPhone and turned off
encryption but the problem remained. Also going back to orgmode
7.3. changed nothing.

Any idea what goes wrong or how I could investigate further?

Thanks in advance
Martin

* Re: MobileOrg: "Unexpceted error" when syncing data from Dropbox
@ 2010-12-11 15:12 ` Greg Troxel
From: Greg Troxel @ 2010-12-11 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Martin Stemplinger <mstemplinger@gmx.de> writes:

> today I upgraded to org-mode 7.4 (I'm using GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1
> (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600) should that matter). Since then I receive the
> message "Unexpected Error" when I try to sync from Dropbox.

I've been using 7.4 with my own webdav server (apache 2.2) with
MobileOrg and it's been fine.

I would suggest looking at the files in dropbox to see if they look ok.

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 194 bytes --]

* Re: MobileOrg: "Unexpceted error" when syncing data from Dropbox
@ 2010-12-13 16:48   ` Rodney Price
From: Rodney Price @ 2010-12-13 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Troxel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

MobileOrg has been throwing this error for me since the first day I
tried it. (with iPod Touch)  I've given up on solving it.  I've tried
everything mentioned below repeatedly, and I just don't have time to
mess with it any longer.

The purpose of this post is just to say "me too" and "please fix
MobileOrg's error messages."

-Rod

@ 2010-12-13 17:03     ` Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2010-12-13 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rodney Price; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Greg Troxel

Have you guys tried reporting the issue directly to Richard?

http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/support/

or posting a bug:

https://github.com/richard/mobileorg/issues

This is a high volume mailing list and its easy for things to get drowned
out... talking to the maintainer directly would probably get you a
response/fix much faster.

http://matburt.net

@ 2010-12-13 21:53       ` Martin Stemplinger
From: Martin Stemplinger @ 2010-12-13 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Jones; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Greg Troxel

Hallo Matthew Jones,

am 13.12.2010 schriebst Du:

> Have you guys tried reporting the issue directly to Richard?

No I did not think of it :-(. Following the descriptin found at
https://gist.github.com/605245 the problem disappeared. even if I
don't understand why.

Thanks for the hint and sorry for the noise!

@ 2010-12-13 23:53         ` Richard Moreland
From: Richard Moreland @ 2010-12-13 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Stemplinger; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Greg Troxel

Hi All,

I've had a few emails on this and I spent a while this evening trying
to recreate it.  Unfortunately, I've been unable to make this happen.
It sounds like there are 2 errors people are seeing:

- "Unexpected error" when syncing
- "Bad file encoding"

If anyone is able to take a snapshot of an org-mobile-directory that
is triggering this problem, I'd love to run it through the debugger
here and see what's going on.  Or if you've got an idea of how to
recreate it another way, please let me know.  I've tried just about
everything I can think of to no avail.

I appreciate the help of anyone who can help me recreate it.

Thanks,
Richard