From: Christopher Witte <chris@witte.net.au>
To: Org Mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Subtle bug with capture and refile
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:27:02 +0200	[thread overview]

The new org capture has been working great but I have just come across a
subtle bug that has taken me a while to reliably reproduce.  I have org set
up to add TODO captures to the top of my organiser.org file.  If you try and
refile the capture TODO and the cursor is at the bottom of the capture
buffer, it will refile the next item in organiser.org and not the capture
TODO.  Hmm, that doesn't sound too clear, let me try and give an example.
My organiser.org looks like this:

-----organiser.org-----
** Home item 1
** Home item 2
* Work
** Work item 1

I then make a capture TODO

-----capture buffer-----
* TODO report capture buffer bug
!

with the cursor indicated by ! I press C-c C-w and refile to work.  Instead
of the capture note being refiled, Home get refiled so I end up with
organiser.org looking like:

-----organiser.org-----
*TODO report capture buffer bug
* Work
*** Home item 1
*** Home item 2
** Work item 1

if instead the cursor is on the TODO line when I refile, everything works as
expect and I end up with:

-----organiser.org-----
** Home item 1
** Home item 2
* Work
** TODO report capture buffer bug
** Work item 1

This has been causing me problems for a while now, but I could never work
out why this only happened some of the time.  I hope that explains the
problem with sufficient clarity, let me know if it doesn't.

Cheers
Chris Witte.