* [BUG] LaTeX export + footnotes with lists
@ 2011-03-18 11:54 Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2011-03-18 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Footnotes with lists don't seem to export properly to LaTeX.  The
string "ORG-LIST-END-MARKER" is appended to the list, when it is
exported.

--
Puneeth

* Re: [BUG] LaTeX export + footnotes with lists
@ 2011-03-18 12:57 ` Nicolas
From: Nicolas @ 2011-03-18 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneeth Chaganti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Puneeth Chaganti <punchagan@gmail.com> writes:

> Footnotes with lists don't seem to export properly to LaTeX.  The
> string "ORG-LIST-END-MARKER" is appended to the list, when it is
> exported.

I will look into it, but I would appreciate if you could give me an
example to work on in the meantime.

Thanks.

Nicolas

* Re: [BUG] LaTeX export + footnotes with lists
@ 2011-03-18 14:22   ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2011-03-18 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Nicolas <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Puneeth Chaganti <punchagan@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Footnotes with lists don't seem to export properly to LaTeX.  The
>> string "ORG-LIST-END-MARKER" is appended to the list, when it is
>> exported.
>
> I will look into it, but I would appreciate if you could give me an
> example to work on in the meantime.

Thanks for looking into this. I have attached a simple example file.

Hope that helps,
Puneeth

[-- Attachment #2: footnote-export.org --]

#+TITLE: Example

* Example

This is an example footnote [fn:list]. This is another footnote [fn:no-list]

[fn:list] This footnote has a list
  1. Item 1
  2. Item 2
  3. Item 3

[fn:no-list] Just a plain footnote
Text
More text

* Re: [BUG] LaTeX export + footnotes with lists
@ 2011-03-18 15:59     ` Nicolas
From: Nicolas @ 2011-03-18 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneeth Chaganti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Puneeth Chaganti <punchagan@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for looking into this. I have attached a simple example file.
>
> Hope that helps,

It does ! I have pushed a fix in master that should fix the problem.
This is due to the marker I use for list end "ORG-LIST-END-MARKER": it
must be on a line on its own.

Basically, every problem with that string appearing in the output is
related to that: code was inserted just after the marker.

At some point, I may have to allow the marker to live in a non-empty
line, but I'm pretty sure it won't be as easy as it sounds.

Nicolas

* Re: [BUG] LaTeX export + footnotes with lists
@ 2011-03-18 16:49       ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2011-03-18 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Nicolas

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Nicolas <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
> Puneeth Chaganti <punchagan@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Thanks for looking into this. I have attached a simple example file.
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>
> It does ! I have pushed a fix in master that should fix the problem.
> This is due to the marker I use for list end "ORG-LIST-END-MARKER": it
> must be on a line on its own.

I confirm that it is fixed. Thanks!