Thanks for the replies. This is unfortunate. I was hoping to easily change the font of those non-headline/checklist to a variable width font, but keep the headline stuff in fixed width. Since it's the default font, if I change the default, then I'd have to change every other font to fixed. ...that's a bit too much work, I think. So I agree with Sébastien. Cheers. Fil 2011/3/15 Sébastien Vauban > Hi Nick and Filippo, > > >>> I'm trying to find the face of plain text (not headlines or checklist > >>> items). Does it have a name that distinguishes it from other faces? > Cheers. > >>> Fil > >> > >> I don't think so: C-u C-x = tells faces if it finds one - in this case, > it > >> says nothing about a face. > > > > ... so it means that the "body text" uses the properties of face > "default". > > Though, it could be nice to have a real body text face, that would be in > most > cases identical to the default face, but that could be customized as well > (for > using other fonts or colors in Org editing buffers)... > > Best regards, > Seb > > -- > Sébastien Vauban > > > -- Filippo A. Salustri, Ph.D., P.Eng. Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Ryerson University 350 Victoria St, Toronto, ON M5B 2K3, Canada Tel: 416/979-5000 ext 7749 Fax: 416/979-5265 Email: salustri@ryerson.ca http://deseng.ryerson.ca/~fil/