On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Samuel Wales wrote: > Hi John, > > On 2010-11-11, John Hendy wrote: > > #+options: author:nil email:nil > > That should be in your actual .org file. See below. > I presume that this is the same as what I tried in elisp. That did not > work. > > Thanks for your detail of your publishing routine. That helps me know > what the state of the art is. > > It looks like org can't yet export to whatever it is that Blogger > requires. So I will just paste in plain text and forget about > formatting and emphasis for now. I am limited in typing so doing that > by hand is beyond what I can do. > > Your call. I really don't endure much with this. Also, see below as your comment actually refreshed my mind about how easy this really is. > > - C-c C-e R to export the region > > A documentation note: the manual has me confused about these: > > === > C-c C-e H > Export to a temporary buffer, do not create a file. > C-c C-e R > Export the active region to a temporary buffer. With a > prefix argument, do not produce the file header and > footer, but just the plain HTML section for the region. > This is good for cut-and-paste operations. > === > > I expected the former to detect an active region. Also it wasn't > clear at first that it operated on the whole file instead of a > subtree. I expected something like "subtree unless prefix arg or > active region" for a single command. > > Yes! I didn't remember this. The "prefix argument" is C-u (in case you did not know that... I had no idea when I first saw that). This works fantastically. *That's* how I was doing it when I was really in the groove. So, here's my updated method: - Write some stuff - Select it (move to beginning of what you want, C-space, move to end of what you want) - C-u C-c C-e R to export that region with no preamble to a separate buffer - C-x C-w export.txt - to terminal: perl -pi -e ' s/\R/ /g; s/\//g; s/\<\/p\>/\n\n/g;' export.txt - back to emacs: C-x C-f export.txt; type "yes" - M-< to go to front of buffer, C-space, M-> to go to end, M-w to copy - Paste into basic blogger edit box - Done Re. the first part... just take this and save it as an org file in an emacs buffer. ------- #+AUTHOR: Samuel Wales #+OPTIONS: toc:nil *:t tags:nil author:nil email:nil * Heading 1 ** Sub Heading 1 Start. Here is some text that I am writing to test exporting. Here is some text that I am writing to test exporting. Here is some text that I am writing to test exporting. Here is some text that I am writing to test exporting. Here is some text that I am writing to test exporting. Here is some text that I am writing to test exporting. Here is some text that I am writing to test exporting. End. -------------- Then do the above with the blob from: "Start. Here is..." ---> "...to test exporting. End." John Thanks. > > > Samuel >