* Keep a file out of the mobile org org-mobile-files list
@ 2011-03-01 16:55 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2011-03-01 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hello list,

I have a specific org file that I wound't like to have on my mobile
device (iPhone) and I know that org by defaults adds all the files
from org-agenda-files.

The manual says:

"This operation copies all files currently listed in org-mobile-files
to the directory org-mobile-directory. By default this list contains
all agenda files (as listed in org-agenda-files), but additional files
can be included by customizing org-mobiles-files. File names will be
staged with paths relative to org-directory, so all files should be
inside this directory"

Does that mean that, if no org-mobile-files is defined, org will use
org-agenda-files, and if it is, then it will use the list in
org-mobile-files?

The thing is that, one of the files that are added to the agenda
contains lots of sensitive information, and I wouldn't way to carry it
around on the iPhone.

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo.

* Re: Keep a file out of the mobile org org-mobile-files list
@ 2011-03-03 22:49 ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2011-03-03 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

*bump* -- anyone ?

@ 2011-03-05 10:54 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-05 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Marcelo,

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:

> "This operation copies all files currently listed in org-mobile-files
> to the directory org-mobile-directory. By default this list contains
> all agenda files (as listed in org-agenda-files), but additional files
> can be included by customizing org-mobiles-files. File names will be
> staged with paths relative to org-directory, so all files should be
> inside this directory"
>
> Does that mean that, if no org-mobile-files is defined, org will use
> org-agenda-files, and if it is, then it will use the list in
> org-mobile-files?

Yes.

> The thing is that, one of the files that are added to the agenda
> contains lots of sensitive information, and I wouldn't way to carry it
> around on the iPhone.

I've added `org-mobile-files-exclude-regexp' that allows you to exclude
files from `org-mobile-files' based on a regexp.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Re: Keep a file out of the mobile org org-mobile-files list
@ 2011-03-05 10:54   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-05 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Marcelo,

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:

> *bump* -- anyone ?

I know people on this list are *very* reactive, but a delay of two days
doesn't mean an email will never be answered - please wait for one week
before bumping threads...  thanks!

--

@ 2011-03-05 17:52     ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2011-03-05 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode

Thanks Bastien, and sorry for the early bump!

Marcelo.

@ 2011-03-07  2:13       ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2011-03-07  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode

Bastien, I've tried doing this:

(setq org-mobile-files-exclude-regexp "reference.org")

But reference.org is still being copied to Dropbox. I have org v.
release_7.4-124-gde39b

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marcelo.

@ 2011-03-07  2:26         ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2011-03-07  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode

Oh, disregard my message. Now I see it I needed to pull before... thanks!

@ 2011-03-07  8:10           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-07  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Marcelo,

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:

> Oh, disregard my message. Now I see it I needed to pull
> before... thanks!

Also note this variable expects a regular expression:
"reference.org" is okay since it maches itself right,
but I just wanted to point this out, in case.

--

@ 2011-03-07 16:52             ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2011-03-07 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode

Yeah, got it! Thanks for the contribution, works like a charm...

Marcelo.