Thanks for your instructing answer, Lukasz. It did not occur to me, that using org-mode instead of moodle could be a solution, but it may actually be the best solution. Moodle-Hosting is quite expensive anyway, seems to use many ressources. So I have to think about a way how to publish org-mode online courses into a - say scala/lift project -, because I would like to have user management, authentication, paypal and credit-card services for free (thats what Lift offers, i.e.). Or does almigthy org-mode delivers that too? ;-) A main disadvantage would be that one can't get started other course-authors as fast on org-mode as on moodle/exelearning. I think moodle is a school with courses, and org-mode should be definitely better for writing online courses, but I need the school too for all the administration stuff, and I don't want to program that. Maybe Lift or Django can be used, and the result is much more flexible than moodle. I have to try the SCORM package instructions - thanks a lot Cheers Thorsten 2010/10/21 Łukasz Stelmach > Gruenderteam Berlin writes: > > > Hello, > > beeing still in the process of learning the amazing org-mode, > > This never ends ;-) > > > I wonder if somebody has tried to use org-mode's publishing capacities > > as an authoring tool for the Online Learning Platform Moodle > > We had tried to use moodle at our division before I learnt about > org-mode, and frankly speaking I didn't like moodle that much. Today, I > prepare and publish my courses with org-mode as standalone > web-pages. Considering endless capabilities and flexibility of org-mode, > moodle just scares me. Take for example grading. Org's spreadsheet > (or column-view, I have to try it out myself) is by far more convenient > to use than moodles tables. OK, that's enough, I suppose you'd like to > read something more constructive. > > As I said I haven't done this myself but this is how I imagine this can > be done, here and now with as little elisp coding as possible. > > 1. Create org files in a directory structure resembling the structure of > the SCORM zip file. That's obvious. > 2. Set up a publishing project [[info:org:Publishing]] > 3. Add "static" content (scripts, images) that will be published with > org-publish-attachment function. > 4. Create a script (this might imho be a shell script) that generates > manifest file. Launch it after publishing using :completion-function > project parameter. The script may create a zip file too. And upload > it... too ;-) > > What I don't know (as I browse through a SCORM zip for the second time > in my life) is what are all xsd files for and how to create them. Are > they optional? Does their content depend on the contents of the course? > If it does then elisp coding might be inevitable, however, since org > generates XHTML it can be reliably parsed with some external tools. > > If I had to use moodle today I definitely would use org-mode for html > authoring: exporting to a temporary HTML buffer and then c'n'p to a > browser window. > > I know that's not much but I hope I wrote something you haven't known > already or at least I give you a new idea how to put things together. > > -- > Miłego dnia, > Łukasz Stelmach > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >