From: John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com>
To: Anthony Lander <anthonylander@yahoo.com>
Cc: Christian Egli <christian.egli@sbs.ch>,
	emacs-orgmode Mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Re: TaskJuggler3, revisited
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 10:01:34 -0500	[thread overview]

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 7:29 AM, Anthony Lander <anthonylander@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On 10-Nov-4, at 5:24 PM, John Hendy wrote:
>
> Nice! I was able to do the following:
>
> - grab your copy of org-taskjuggler.el and install it
> - get the .org file here:
> http://orgmode.org/manual/TaskJuggler-export.html
>  <http://orgmode.org/manual/TaskJuggler-export.html>- export to a .tjp
>

> If you grabbed the code I wrote, you can export the file, and compile it
> directly with tj3 using C-c e J, saving a step.

That *would *be awesome.

> - swap out the default export with the code below and run "tj3
> tj3-test.tjp" and get a nice html report!
> --- If you're looking for a default tj3 export... perhaps start with what's
> below?

But note that I have to do some manual steps on the .tjp before compiling
with tj3. My main issue is defining the report. How do you define the report
manually in the .org file or elsewhere so that tj3 doesn't try it on the
default tj2 report instead. When I do C-c e J currently, I get no output
files; essentially it's just a silent fail.

> Thanks for the pointer to the reports - I'll try to add them in to the
> example file.

That would be great -- On worg's org-tj tutorial, I see not reference of how
to specify one's report directly.

> Also, thank you for testing the code, and please post if you find bugs, or
> other problems,

Will do! I plan to be using this shortly on my own project for work and will
report on any issues experienced. I also hope to be tailoring the reports a
bit. I can't believe how long the tj3 report format is to create the html
output. I'm going to have to dig around and find out how to just create a
gantt chart -- I also wish the css was embedded or drawn in some other way
-- when sharing this, I will have to take a screenshot or something and send
it off.

While not fully featured, Eric's TikZ posting a bit back on the mailing list
has the advantage of being completely portable. I'll figure something out!

John