Hi Eric, I removed all the compiled elisp files, and the problem still persists. Next step will be a completely fresh install from git; my current version is up to date, but maybe there was some conflict that git didn't complain about... Chris On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Eric Schulte wrote: > Chris Malone writes: > [...] > > > > I added =(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)= to my =.emacs= file, and > indeed I am not asked about evaluating the code block, but I'm still getting > the invalid > > syntax error when =org-babel-exp= is called the second time on the > =emacs-lisp= code block.? I should mention that this is somewhere in the > byte-code, as the error > > is: > > > > byte-code: Invalid read syntax: "#" > > > > in the *Messages* buffer.? I still don't fully understand why it should > be evaluating that code block twice. > > > > Hmm, it may be worth cleaning out all compiled .elc files from within > Org-mode, the calling org-reload, and see if the problem persists. > > Best -- Eric > > > > > Chris >