* ASCII export - "AutoFill"
@ 2010-11-24 23:30 Gustav Wikström
From: Gustav Wikström @ 2010-11-24 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

Just a silly question... If I want to export to ASCII from my Org-file, and
want the exported ASCII to have all the paragraphs restricted to, say, 80
columns - Is there a nice way  to do this without first converting all the
paragraphs in the org-file?

In essence, Org-mode file:

* Heading

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc varius
scelerisque nisi, ac tristique tellus porta ut. Cras porta, tortor eget
malesuada pellentesque, lorem enim accumsan mauris, quis imperdiet risus
velit id ante. Quisque porttitor ornare turpis non aliquam.

Exported ASCII-text file:

* Heading

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc
varius scelerisque nisi, ac tristique tellus porta ut. Cras
porta, tortor eget malesuada pellentesque, lorem enim accumsan
mauris, quis imperdiet risus velit id ante. Quisque porttitor
ornare turpis non aliquam.

Best regards
Gustav

* Re: ASCII export - "AutoFill"
@ 2010-11-25 11:38 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-11-25 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustav Wikström; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Gustav Wikström <gustav.erik@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello!
>
> Just a silly question... If I want to export to ASCII from my
> Org-file, and want the exported ASCII to have all the paragraphs
> restricted to, say, 80 columns - Is there a nice way  to do this
> without first converting all the paragraphs in the org-file?

Not a silly question at all!  Having looked at the code, the short
answer is *no*, unfortunately.  The only wrapping the ascii exporting
does is on /notes/ generated by the conversion of links.

It would be a nice feature to have, however...  I had a look at the
fill.el code and I'm sure some of it (fill-region) could be used quite
nicely within org-ascii.el but my emacs-lisp abilities are not
sufficiently good enough for me to attempt changing the code.  Sorry.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.130.g9cc1)

* Re: ASCII export - "AutoFill"
@ 2010-11-26 15:11   ` Gustav Wikström
From: Gustav Wikström @ 2010-11-26 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode