On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Matt Lundin wrote: > Marvin Doyley writes: > > > Org mode is now a part of my daily work-flow, not only do I use it for > > teaching, scheduling my time, but I also use it to store my research > > notes. The only snag is several of my collaborators is tied to > > microsoft word, and thus my only work around is to export my notes and > > draft from Org to plain text and then reformat everything in word, > > which real time sync., especially when I have to retype equations in > > Mathtype. I know there are bunch of commercial software that claim to > > be able to convert latex files to word, but most are far from perfect. > > Is there a more efficient way of tacking this problem ? Is there is > > any plans of developing a org-export-rtf or org-export-docx function ? > > There is now an FAQ on converting to odt/rtf/doc, since there have been > several threads on this question recently: > > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#convert-to-open-office > > The FAQ is based largely on the helpful discussion of this issue late > last month: > > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/31168 > > Please feel free to suggest other methods you'd like to see in the FAQ. > > Marvin: I'm not sure whether the methods in the FAQ address the problem > of math equations. I believe that some exporters (such as latex2rtf) > convert equations to images, while others (such as ttf) try to render > them in html, etc. Might I ask which converters[1] you have tried? I > might be helpful for the org community to know what does *not* work. > I've had great success with tex4ht and latex2rtf, but my documents don't > include math equations. :) > > Best, > Matt > > Footnotes: > [1] http://www.tug.org/applications/tex4ht/mn.html#QQ1-1-83 > Hi Matt, This is fantastic. I have used latex2rtf, but not with the best results. The best solution on the mac seem to be html to .doc via textutils Best. M