* Repeating tasks on specific days of the week
@ 2010-09-10  3:54 Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2010-09-10  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everyone!

I was wondering how to create repeating tasks for, say, Tuesday and
Thursday at noon. I found this on stack overflow: http://cl.ly/2K8c

Is that really the best answer? Can this not be accomplished with
symbolic expressions?

Seems like a great feature for academics and students. Surely, I'm
ignorant, and someone has a better solution than creating multiple
repeating tasks?

Thanks for any info.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Horn
PhD Student in Economics

(704) 271-4797
jhorn@gmu.edu
jrhorn424@gmail.com

* Re: Repeating tasks on specific days of the week
@ 2010-09-13 18:13 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-09-13 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Horn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jeff Horn <jrhorn424@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I was wondering how to create repeating tasks for, say, Tuesday and
> Thursday at noon. I found this on stack overflow: http://cl.ly/2K8c
>
> Is that really the best answer? Can this not be accomplished with
> symbolic expressions?
>
> Seems like a great feature for academics and students. Surely, I'm
> ignorant, and someone has a better solution than creating multiple
> repeating tasks?

AFAIK, one cannot use complex symbolic expressions with repeating tasks;
the moment a headline with such an expression is marked done, it is
removed from the agenda. The only solution, at the moment, is to create
different entries for each desired day of the week:

* Tuesday task
  SCHEDULED: <2010-09-14 Tue +1w>

* Thursday task
  SCHEDULED: <2010-09-16 Thu +1w>

Best,
Matt

* Re: Repeating tasks on specific days of the week
@ 2010-09-15  5:00   ` Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2010-09-15  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Matt,

Thanks for confirming that separate repeating tasks is the best solution.

Best,
Jeff

--
Jeffrey Horn
PhD Student in Economics

(704) 271-4797
jhorn@gmu.edu
jrhorn424@gmail.com

* Re: Re: Repeating tasks on specific days of the week
@ 2010-09-15  7:34     ` Julien Fantin
From: Julien Fantin @ 2010-09-15  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Horn; +Cc: Matt Lundin, emacs-orgmode

I had a similar question regarding scheduling habits, but didn't get an
answer...

I haven't done a great job of keeping up with those resolutions for now, but
can anyone confirm that with org-habit, that kind of scheduling will result
in a consistency graph displaying habit completion for that particular day
of the week ?

Cheers,
Julien

@ 2010-09-15 20:00       ` Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2010-09-15 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Fantin; +Cc: Matt Lundin, emacs-orgmode

You can schedule habits on particular days? That's good to know!

Jeffrey Horn
PhD Student in Economics
George Mason University

(704) 271-4797