* quotes inside code markup: bug?
@ 2010-10-25 14:43 Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2010-10-25 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I'm finding that, when I export as Latex or html, quoted strings don't
get translated properly.

I.e., a bit of text like ="foo"= will be translated literally, instead
of turning into a code marked-up string.

I am attaching a simple document of this type, and the results of export
to latex.  Export to HTML seems to give the same behavior.

This seems like something that would happen to many people, so I wonder
if it's a bug or if I'm failing to understand something.

[-- Attachment #2: sample-quote-bug.org --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 74 bytes --]

* Here's a headline with a quote in monospace

** A ="string"= in code

[-- Attachment #3: sample-quote-bug.tex --]

* Re: quotes inside code markup: bug?
@ 2010-10-27 14:40 ` Noorul Islam
From: Noorul Islam @ 2010-10-27 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rpgoldman; +Cc: Org Mode

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman@sift.info> wrote:
> I'm finding that, when I export as Latex or html, quoted strings don't
> get translated properly.
>
> I.e., a bit of text like ="foo"= will be translated literally, instead
> of turning into a code marked-up string.
>
> I am attaching a simple document of this type, and the results of export
> to latex.  Export to HTML seems to give the same behavior.
>
> This seems like something that would happen to many people, so I wonder
> if it's a bug or if I'm failing to understand something.

You can customize org-emphasis-regexp-components variable by removing
\" from the component "Forbidden chars in border".  There might be
some reason why they someone has added \" by default. I am not sure
about that.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul