Scot: I see what you mean On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Scot Becker wrote: > > As you'll see org-mode's latex export is currently designed to use org for > basic document structuring and only allows for a limited set of mappings > between org's structure and latex structure. But you'll see in the latex > configuration documentation that it is possible to define what kind of > \section{}, \chapter{}, or \subsubparagraph{} is exported for each level of > org's headlines. > > One imagines it would be possible to define alternate use cases for a class, for example the "article" class. I can see it is possible to define the article class to use \\section{%s} for the first headline level and \\paragraph{%s} for second levels This would be useful to me. However, the ordinary article structure with subsection, subsubsection, etc., is good enough for much of what I do. I can imagine copying the article class file into my org directory, and renaming it to article2.cls, and adding it to org-export-latex-classes, with the section -> paragraph structure. Is there an easier or canonical way to do this? Thank you for your interest and help. Alan > > > > > > > > On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 5:06 AM, Nick Dokos wrote: > >> Alan E. Davis wrote: >> >> > Sometimes, I have used outliners, like ThinkTank, to organize my >> > thoughts, and reorganize the structure of a document of whatever kind. >> > I don't need headings or sectioning in some cases. >> > >> > I have not found a way to exclude heading lines from >> > LaTeX output in Orgmode, nor have I found a >> > tag to say, "omit this headline." I do see the variables >> > org-export-exclude-tags, and org-export-select tags; as well as an >> > option to include a specific number of headings as LaTeX sections. In >> > the later case, other headings are exported as plain list items, not >> > what I have in mind. >> > >> > A related issue perhaps: what would it take to export, say list items, >> > as "paragraph" and "subparagraph" sections in LaTeX. >> > >> > The ability to export a pdf almost automatically through LaTeX, even >> > with images, is magical. Many thanks for this. >> > >> >> Some examples might help. I may be particularly dense tonight but I have >> read your mail a few times and I still have no idea what you are asking >> (or rather I have multiple ideas, none of which make much sense to me.) >> >> Thanks, >> Nick >> >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> Emacs-orgmode mailing list >> Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. >> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org >> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >> > >