Thank you very much ! It works now ! I thing I mixed-up the meaning of the org-insert/org-store functions Ronan On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote: > Ronan BARZIC writes: > > > Hi, > > > > I've difficulties to understand how to make links to WL messages from an > Org > > file. According to the documentation, the syntax should be : > > > > [[wl:folder#id][Description]] > > > > - It is not clear for me if "id" is the number in front of the message in > the > > "WL "Summary" view ? Can someone confirm that ? (I have also a field > > "Message-ID" in each message header) > > The easiest way to find out what should be there is to: > > 1. go to the WL message, in the Summary window say. > 2. type C-cl (org-store-link) > 3. go to your org document where you want to link from > 4. type C-cC-l (org-insert-link) and hit RET to accept the default which > should be the link you /stored/ above. > > > I have the feeling that the dot at the beginning of the folder name > > confuses the org-mode when I try to follow the link. For example, > > following the link [[wl:.INBOX#29333][TEST]] > > I didn't find that the . caused any problems (the majority of my > mailboxes are in maildir format). However, I must say that following > links to WL messages is not the most robust system. The problems are > not in org but in WL, as far as I can tell. > > A couple of suggestions: make sure you have started WL *before* > attempting to follow a link from org in any case and make sure you don't > store a link from WL from within a filtered view. > > Due to the problems with linking to WL message, and a few other issues, > I have recently moved back to GNUS which is basically more robust in all > ways (although has a much steeper learning curve... but that's a story > for another mailing list ;-). > > > Maybe I've misunderstood the documentation and I search the web without > > success. I will really appreciate if someone could give me a example of a > > working link using WL in a Maildir configuration > > One example I have looks like this =wl:.wlinbox#4C63A6XXX0304@XXX.ac.uk= > > (with some bits replaced by XXX to protect the innocent) > > -- > Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29 570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D > using Org-mode version 7.02trans (release_7.3.6.gf0d2) > in Emacs version 23.2.1 >