* Command names are now in the manual
@ 2010-11-13 21:50 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-11-13 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list, Andreas Röhler

Hi,

I have just added the last command missing names to the manual.  So if
you compile the manual in the latest git version, you will find
command names listed for almost all keys listed in the manual, along
with a much extended command and function index.

If you do not like this change, you can compile the manual without
command names by turning off the

     @set cmdnames

flag in the manual, using this line instead:

     @unset cmdnames

Many thanks to Andreas Röhler who kicked off this project and did part
of the work.

- Carsten

* Re: Command names are now in the manual
@ 2010-11-13 22:43 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2010-11-13 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-org list, nicholas.dokos

Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> wrote:

> I have just added the last command missing names to the manual.  So if =20=
>
> you compile the manual in the latest git version, you will find =20
> command names listed for almost all keys listed in the manual, along =20
> with a much extended command and function index.

I think there is a problem on line 4668: the @findex seems to dislike
braces around the name:

,----
| $ make html
| (cd doc; makeinfo --html --number-sections --no-split -o org.html org.texi)
| /home/nick/src/emacs/org/org-mode/doc
| org.texi:4668: Misplaced {.
| org.texi:4668: Misplaced }.
| org.texi:4668: Misplaced {.
| org.texi:4668: Misplaced }.
| makeinfo: Removing output file `org.html' due to errors; use --force to preserve.
| make: *** [doc/org.html] Error 1
`----

Other than that, it looks pretty good.

A suggestion for a possible(?) improvement: the "O" section of the
function index (and I imagine the variable index as well) is pretty
crowded :-). I wonder if texinfo has any facilities to break it up,
perhaps according to the first letter after the first dash.

Thanks!
Nick

* Re: Command names are now in the manual
@ 2010-11-14 10:33   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-11-14 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Nov 13, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> wrote:
>

>> I have just added the last command missing names to the manual.  So
>> if =20=
>>
>> you compile the manual in the latest git version, you will find =20
>> command names listed for almost all keys listed in the manual,
>> along =20
>> with a much extended command and function index.
>>

> I think there is a problem on line 4668: the @findex seems to dislike
> braces around the name:
>
> ,----
> | $ make html
> | (cd doc; makeinfo --html --number-sections --no-split -o org.html
> org.texi)
> | /home/nick/src/emacs/org/org-mode/doc
> | org.texi:4668: Misplaced {.
> | org.texi:4668: Misplaced }.
> | org.texi:4668: Misplaced {.
> | org.texi:4668: Misplaced }.
> | makeinfo: Removing output file `org.html' due to errors; use --
> force to preserve.
> | make: *** [doc/org.html] Error 1
> `----

Yes, thank you.

> Other than that, it looks pretty good.
>
> A suggestion for a possible(?) improvement: the "O" section of the
> function index (and I imagine the variable index as well) is pretty
> crowded :-). I wonder if texinfo has any facilities to break it up,
> perhaps according to the first letter after the first dash.

I don't think that can be done easily.

Thanks

- Carsten

@ 2010-11-16  3:15 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2010-11-16  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-org list

I'm sure this will be very useful!

Another idea along the same lines: provide the Lisp variable names for
each of the export option symbols like  "@:nil"?

* Re: Command names are now in the manual
@ 2010-11-16  6:58   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-11-16  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Nov 16, 2010, at 4:15 AM, Samuel Wales wrote:

> I'm sure this will be very useful!
>
> Another idea along the same lines: provide the Lisp variable names for
> each of the export option symbols like  "@:nil"?

Hi Samuel,

until I get around to do this, there is a complete list of these in
the variable `org-export-plist-vars'.  Each element is a list of the
property key for use by org-publish-alist, the OPTIONS line key and
the variable.

@ 2010-11-16 23:18     ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2010-11-16 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-org list

On 2010-11-15, Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> wrote:
> until I get around to do this, there is a complete list of these in
> the variable `org-export-plist-vars'.  Each element is a list of the
> property key for use by org-publish-alist, the OPTIONS line key and
> the variable.

That is excellent and should suffice, I think.

--
Q: How many CDC "scientists" does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: "You only think it's dark." [CDC has denied a deadly serious