Actually, I can almost figure out how to do this myself if I knew what function to use to convert a string like SCHEDULED: <2010-08-12 Thu 10:20-10:45> into a duration. If I call org-time-string it only gives me the first part of the date and ignores the ending point. Any tips on what org-mode function to use to get the duration of a scheduled time? On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Inquisitive Scientist < inquisitive.scientist@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Experts, > > How do I make it so that column-view shows the duration of a scheduled > task? I now that if I do something like > > * my top node > :PROPERTIES: > :COLUMNS: %40ITEM %%10SCHEDULED > :END: > > and then create a dynamic-block I can get a table to show the scheduled > time, but what do I do if I want the duration of a scheduled task? > > Thanks, > -Emin >