On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 7:19 AM, Bastien wrote: > Hi John, > > sorry for the late reply. > > No problem. > I had difficulties parsing your email because it brings many issues > (better to have one email per issue) and it's not clear how the odd > behavior you observe depends on the (odd) structure/templates you are > using. > I can't be that odd :) > > Can you restate your problems in a way that help me grasp them? > > Sure. 1) I think this is solved. I was trying to file under a pre-existing headling (* top-level) but my template was like so: ,----- | (setq org-capture-templates | '(("t" "todo" entry (file+headline "~/org/2011-02Feb.org" "Tracking") | "* TODO %?\n"))) `----- I experimented with two stars on the TODO and it worked. Sorry, I probably should have posted back that it was solved, but after no replies I kind of thought this email was dead so I let it die :) 2) The manual says this as to one of the options for the capture target: ,----- | (function function-finding-location) | Most general way, write your own function to find both file and location `----- Since my files always use the format YYYY-##MMM.org (2011-03Mar.org), I thought I could sure find a function that finds the current file rather than changing my capture target manually once a month. 3) I think this one was pretty clear... the manual says that if I do this: ,----- | (define-key global-map "\C-c c" | (lambda () (interactive) (org-capture "t"))) `----- I won't have to manually select "t" (TODO) for my capture template via the interactive window. Since I only use one capture template, it would be fantastic to have it automatically use it instead of asking me what I want to use and then I press another keystroke to select one template out of one available template. I know it's hard, but everything that makes things easier for me makes > them easier for everyone - as I'll then have more time to actually fix > things. > > No problem -- I'll break things up better next time. I realize longer, jumbled emails will probably not be as enticing to dive into since everyone is volunteering from other things anyway! Thanks for the assistance, John > Thanks in advance! > > -- > Bastien >