* bibtex latex export
@ 2010-11-01 18:33 Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2010-11-01 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

I realize that there have been a lot of discussion on this topic; however,
it is not clear to me how to resolve this issue. More specifically,
org-latex-export does a good job convert org to latex, but for some reason
bibtex isn't called.  My current work around is run bibtex in a shell after
running org-latex-export.

I there a more elegant way of doing this ?

thanks

* Re: bibtex latex export
@ 2010-11-01 20:00 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-11-01 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marvin Doyley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Nov 1, 2010, at 8:33 AM, Marvin Doyley wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I realize that there have been a lot of discussion on this topic;
> however, it is not clear to me how to resolve this issue. More
> specifically, org-latex-export does a good job convert org to latex,
> but for some reason bibtex isn't called.  My current work around is
> run bibtex in a shell after running org-latex-export.
>
> I there a more elegant way of doing this ?
>
> thanks

Aloha M,

I'm not certain I understand your questions, but perhaps this will help.

There are many things one might do with the .tex file created by the
Org-mode LaTeX exporter: latex, pdftex, bibtex, makeindex, glossaries,
etc.  If your output target is pdf, then the variable org-latex-to-pdf-
process is your friend.  This one holds a list of commands to run
against the .tex file; one of these commands can be bibtex.

There is some discussion of this here:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.php#sec-8

hth,
Tom

* Re: bibtex latex export
@ 2010-11-01 20:47   ` Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2010-11-01 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I will try the variable org-latex-pdf-process
thanks

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2010, at 8:33 AM, Marvin Doyley wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I realize that there have been a lot of discussion on this topic; however,
> it is not clear to me how to resolve this issue. More specifically,
> org-latex-export does a good job convert org to latex, but for some reason
> bibtex isn't called.  My current work around is run bibtex in a shell after
> running org-latex-export.
>
> I there a more elegant way of doing this ?
>
> thanks
>

> Aloha M,
>
> I'm not certain I understand your questions, but perhaps this will help.
>
> There are many things one might do with the .tex file created by the
> Org-mode LaTeX exporter: latex, pdftex, bibtex, makeindex, glossaries, etc.
>  If your output target is pdf, then the variable org-latex-to-pdf-process is
> your friend.  This one holds a list of commands to run against the .tex
> file; one of these commands can be bibtex.
>
> There is some discussion of this here:
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.php#sec-8
>
> hth,
> Tom